Web Toolbar by Wibiya Thia Megia on American Idol Season 10: American Idol Top 12 to perform songs from the year they were born. What should Thia Megia sing from the 1995 catalog?
Catch Thia on American Idols Live Tour in the Summer 2011.
- This website is run by fans, for the fans... -

Friday, March 11, 2011

American Idol Top 12 to perform songs from the year they were born. What should Thia Megia sing from the 1995 catalog?

Poor Casey Abrams, he's not in the pic but this is pretty funny! 

Straight from the American Idol official Twitter, the theme for the Top 12 next week is from the year they were born...

The Black Eyed Peas & Lee DeWyze perform on the results show, the next day.

Thia was born on New year's day the 30th of January in 1995. That's a relief!! At least we're sure that Thia won't be singing any standards or classics next week! ;-) She has probably picked her song but in the spirit of fun, what should she sing?

To make it easier, we've placed the Top 100 hits in 1995 according to the Billboard charts. Skimming through the list though, can't see anything that fits- -other than Sheryl Crow!! We don't think she should sing another Michael Jackson song for sure! Oh boy, hope she doesn't see "Total Eclipse of the Heart, the dance version from Nikki French!" But hey... Suggest away!

We've added the rest of the Top 12's birth year. Thia is the youngest while Naima and Paul the oldest.

Thia Megia – 1995

Lauren Alaina – 1994

Scotty McCreery - 1993

Casey Abrams and Haley Reinhart – 1991

Karen Rodriguez, Stefano Langone and James Durbin – 1989

Pia Toscano – 1988

Jacob Lusk – 1987

Naima Adedapo, Paul McDonald – 1984


Billboard Top 100 - 1995

01. Gangsta's Paradise » Coolio
02. Waterfalls » TLC
03. Creep » TLC
04. Kiss From A Rose » Seal
05. On Bended Knee » Boyz II Men
06. Another Night » Real McCoy
07. Fantasy » Mariah Carey
08. Take A Bow » Madonna
09. Don't Take It Personal (Just One Of Dem Days) » Monica
10. This Is How We Do It » Montell Jordan
11. I Know » Dionne Farris
12. Water Runs Dry » Boyz II Men
13. Freak Like Me » Adina Howard
14. Run-Around » Blues Traveler
15. I Can Love You Like That » All-4-One
16. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman? » Bryan Adams
17. Always » Bon Jovi
18. Boombastic / In The Summertime » Shaggy
19. Total Eclipse Of The Heart » Nicki French
20. You Gotta Be » Des'ree
21. You Are Not Alone » Michael Jackson
22. Hold My Hand » Hootie & The Blowfish
23. One More Chance-Stay With Me » Notorious B.I.G.
24. Here Comes The Hotstepper » Ini Kamoze
25. Candy Rain » Soul For Real
26. Let Her Cry » Hootie & The Blowfish
27. I Believe » Blessid Union Of Souls
28. Red Light Special » TLC
29. Runaway » Janet Jackson
30. Strong Enough » Sheryl Crow
31. Colors Of The Wind » Vanessa Williams
32. Someone To Love » Jon B.
33. Only Wanna Be With You » Hootie & The Blowfish
34. If You Love Me » Brownstone
35. In The House Of Stone And Light » Martin Page
36. I Got 5 On It » Luniz
37. Baby » Brandy
38. Run Away » Real McCoy
39. As I Lay Me Down » Sophie B. Hawkins
40. He's Mine » Mokenstef
41. December » Collective Soul
42. I'll Be There For You-You're All I Need To Get By » Method Man-Mary J. Blige
43. Shy Guy » Diana King
44. I'm The Only One » Melissa Etheridge
45. Every Little Thing I Do » Soul For Real
46. Before I Let You Go » BLACKstreet
47. Big Poppa / Warning » Notorious B.I.G.
48. Sukiyaki » 4 P.M.
49. I Wanna Be Down » Brandy
50. I'll Make Love To You » Boyz II Men
51. Dear Mama / Old School » 2Pac
52. Hold On » Jamie Walters
53. Keep Their Heads Ringin' » Dr. Dre
54. The Rhythm Of The Night » Corona
55. Roll To Me » Del Amitri
56. Scream / Childhood » Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson
57. Freek'n You » Jodeci
58. I Wish » Skee-lo
59. Believe » Elton John
60. Carnival » Natalie Merchant
61. You Don't Know How It Feels » Tom Petty
62. Back For Good » Take That
63. Tootsee Roll » 69 Boyz
64. You Want This-70's Love Groove » Janet Jackson
65. Tell Me » Groove Theory
66. Can't You See » Total
67. All I Wanna Do » Sheryl Crow
68. This Lil' Game We Play » Subway
69. Come And Get Your Love » Real McCoy
70. This Ain't A Love Song » Bon Jovi
71. Secret » Madonna
72. Player's Anthem » Junior M.A.F.I.A.
73. Feel Me Flow » Naughty By Nature
74. Every Day Of The Week » Jade
75. The Sweetest Days » Vanessa Williams
76. Short Dick Man » 20 Fingers Featuring Gillette
77. Brokenhearted » Brandy
78. No More "I Love You's" » Annie Lennox
79. You Used To Love Me » Faith Evans
80. Constantly » Immature
81. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me » U2
82. 100% Pure Love » Crystal Waters
83. Ask Of You » Raphael Saadiq
84. Sugar Hill » Az
85. Good » Better Than Ezra
86. Brown Sugar » D'angelo
87. Turn The Beat Around » Gloria Estefan
88. 'Til You Do Me Right » After 7
89. 1st Of Tha Month » Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
90. Like The Way I Do-If I Wanted To » Melissa Etheridge
91. I Live My Life For You » Firehouse
92. Dream About You-Funky Melody » Stevie B
93. Cotton Eye Joe » Rednex
94. Thank You » Boyz II Men
95. I'll Stand By You » Pretenders
96. I Miss You » N II U
97. Give It 2 You » Da Brat
98. Best Friend » Brandy
99. Misery » Soul Asylum
100. Can't Stop Lovin' You » Van Halen

18 comments:

  1. Kiss From a Rose (acoustic) would be best for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest "Waiting in Van" by Bob Marley, covered by Annie Lennox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see her groove and perform onstage because her voice is perfect already!I wanna see a different and confident thia next week! I wanna hear her sing You gotta be by des'ree// I know by Dionne Farris =) we love you thia! let go of your shyness! just perform to the max next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see thia groove next week! your voice is perfect already you just gotta perform like you own the stage baby coz people say that you're kinda boring! prove them wrong next week and be a stunner! let go of your shyness thia you're beautiful! Love to hear you sing you gotta be by des'ree or I know by dionne farris! good luck and be ready to shock us next week! we looove you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How bout the song "if you love me"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shy Guy I think she can belt this out!!!!
    No more ballad song please...1995 is the year of Groove!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. waterfalls is perfect for you thia! please be great next week love ya! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. anything but ballads!! please Thia, enough with the standards and classics. You have to stay relevant and current so America will continue to vote for you.

    Also, get out of your shell- FAST! Watching the results show videos, you have not spoken a single word esp on the Riding hood premiere. The other contestants are 'eating' you alive for all to see. You have to start showing your personality girl coz we believe in you BUT you have to CONVINCE YOURSELF and BELIEVE IN YOURSELF FIRST THAT YOU CAN BE THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL!!

    God bless. We are voting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Life - Ace of Base, it is fun and young and disco beat

    ReplyDelete
  10. i suggest you gotta be by des'ree or waiting in vain. put some flare on the song. love your jazzy voice. :-) nailed the song, thia! we love u!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell Me by Groove Theory!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you gotta be is perfect, good upbeat melody and a very nice message

    ReplyDelete
  13. Song suggestions:
    1. Hand in my pocket - Alanis M.
    2. As I lay me down - Sophia H.
    3. Waterfalls - TLC

    ReplyDelete
  14. you gotta be is great! wish you goodluck thia you can make it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. colors of the wind by vanessa williams... it fits so much with her voice.. so young and fresh...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thia is BORING! She has to show of what she got if she wants to stay. I love you Thia. 1995 is your year of birth so i suggests: Waiting in Vain(Acoustic),No MOre I Love You's by Annie Lennox, You Gotta Be by Des'ree and some upbeat songs. Please OWN the stage. Whats the use of being there? Show everything u got!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thia please sing DONT CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I heard that she's gonna sing Colors of the Wind? Is this true? :( I know that this song would fit her voice but her song choices are getting predictable. I hope and pray that the arrangement is better this time.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive